What is Corona virus, how is it transmitted? What are the findings? How is it diagnosed? Those who are curious about the subject, Child Health and Diseases Specialist. Dr. Nesibe Andıran told.
Corona viruses (Cov) is a large family of viruses. These viruses can cause mild to moderate colds, much more serious diseases such as the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Corona viruses are zoonotic, meaning they are found in animals, but there are transitions between animals and humans. Viruses that circulate among animals can change over time and gain the ability to infect humans, thereby beginning to appear in humans and causing disease.
The new corona virus (COVID-19) is a Cov that has not been encountered before by human beings and was isolated for the first time in late December-January, when people working in an animal market in Wuhan, China suffered from a flu-like illness and deaths with severe respiratory failure. and it is a new virus in humans.
HOW TO GET?
It has been reported that the new COVID-19 is transmitted from person to person through respiratory secretions. It causes illness by touching the mucous membranes of the sick people after coughing, sneezing, laughing, close exposure to the droplets containing virus that spreads to the environment during the conversation, or by touching the face, eyes and mouth with the hands of the person. According to the data, a sick person infects about 4-5 people.
WHAT ARE THE FINDINGS?
According to the information available, there is an incubation period of 2-14 days (growth-waiting in the body). Common findings are respiratory symptoms such as high fever, cough, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. In more severe cases, pneumonia causes severe and acute respiratory failure, kidney failure, and death. The mortality rate is reported to be approximately 2-3%. Most of the deaths to date are patients over 60-65 years old and / or chronic diseases (lung diseases, organ failure, cancer, diabetes, immunosuppressive diseases). The disease is relatively mild in young healthy adults.
Maalasef has no cure and vaccine yet.
HOW IS THE SITUATION IN CHILDREN?
COVID-19 binds to ACE2 receptors in the lungs. These receptors are not found in the lungs of children. Therefore, severe lung involvement and respiratory failure do not occur in children. They have the disease in the form of flu infection. So far, the patient who has been lost from pediatric cases has not been reported. In addition, children can be carriers and infectious, infect parents, grandparents, and cause them to become seriously ill.
HOW TO PROTECT?
- The following measures are proposed for protection:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. Let's teach and ensure that children wash their hands in the same way.
- If there is no water and soap, let's rub and disinfect our hands with an alcohol-based hand disinfectant.
- Let's not shake hands, hug and kiss for greetings.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue paper, and then throw the handkerchief away, if not, let's cough inside the arm and sneeze.
- Do not touch your mouth, nose, and eyes with dirty hands.
- Avoid the situation and personal contact with patients with flu infection symptoms, eating from the same captain, sharing the same glass or towel.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as door handles and toys,
- Avoid crowded and closed environments as much as possible.
- Attention to nutrition, let's keep the immune system strong. (Foods containing vitamin D, Omega 3, probiotics: yogurt, pickles, onion, garlic turnip, vitamin C oranges, fruits and vegetables)
A very important point; As parents, let's take care to take measures without putting our children in excessive stress and psychological anxiety-anxiety. Let's not panic, but let's take the precaution.
Source: http://www.hurriyetaile.com/ebparental/saglik/corona-virus-ile-ilgili-merak-edilenler_30486.html?utm_source=eposta&utm_medium=haftalikbulten-200320&utm_ampa_campaign copy-paste = & utm_medium = & utm_campaign = copy-paste-with-copy-paste URLs